Monday, January 23, 2017
What a wonderful experience we had at Marbles Community Heroes Day! We were able to finish over 20 blankets and met the most incredible blanketeers. Our volunteers were amazing too! Thank you to Marbles Kids Museum for inviting us back, Spoonflower for printing the fabric squares, to the Broughton High School students, PL blanketeers and family members who came to help out! We can't wait for next year!
at 9:08 AM
Sunday, January 1, 2017
PROJECT LINUS…………DID YOU KNOW? (2017)
Here are some interesting facts and figures about Project Linus:
Karen Loucks started Project Linus on December 24, 1995. The Wake County Chapter began in 1996.
· Project Linus nationally has been active for 6,942 days as of .
· Project Linus National has had nonprofit status since May 12, 1997.
· The Wake County, NC Chapter of Project Linus donated 3592 blankets in 2016. Since we started, we have delivered 36,475 blankets!
· Project Linus nationally has officially collected over 6,063,751 blankets as of . If 60% of them are fabric, that translates into over 10,914,751 yards of fabric. If 40% are afghans, that is over 19,404,003 skeins of yarn.
· If each blanket is an average of 60” long, and we laid them end to end, they would stretch 30,318,755 feet or 5,742 miles. That is as tall as 1,044 Mt. Everests, or 17,071 One World Trade Centers or 24,255 Empire State Buildings or as long as 101,062 football fields!
· Assuming each delivered blanket so far had a label, the cost for labels would be $909,563.
• As of January 1, 2016, Project Linus has about 295 chapters in the United States.
at 12:03 PM